This closure applies to every aspect of our operations including the shop, tuition, groups and workshops.
Hello Core Family,
Given the rapid changes to business and operations over the last few weeks, we thought now was a good time to give you an update on Core Music.
Since we had to close our doors, the Core Music Board of Directors have been looking at how we can maintain our healthy finances and ensure we are ready to fight all that COVID-19 brings to small businesses.
We are planning to return to full strength once the pandemic is over and life can return to a new normal. To do that, we need to make some short-term changes:
1) Staff members including Mike Coleman are now on furlough, meaning the Government is taking control of their wages for the time being, and the Board has temporarily taken control of the running of Core. Please rest assured that we will not deviate from the all-important Core values and will hand it back as soon as we can.
2) The Board are actively looking at all the possible grants and funding available to Core and are applying for everything they can. We hope to have a clear steer of our options in the coming weeks.
3) We have supported our independent music teachers to help to ensure those who can carry on lessons remotely are able to do so, which is so important to them and their students.
4) Friends of Core – now more than ever we need your support! If you can continue with your monthly donations, please do. If you can add another £1 or more to your monthly donations, please do. If you are able to make a sizeable donation, please do! Every single penny donated to Core in the foreseeable future will be vital to help us through this testing time.
5) Please encourage your friends to become Friends of Core; the more Friends we have, the more support we get.
Even though Core is closed, you can still keep in touch and we would love to hear from you – here is how you can do that:
Over the coming weeks, we will do all we can to keep you up to date on where we are at, add some music to cheer you up and help you get through these strange days. Do like and share our posts and comment as and where you can. If you think of something we are not doing but could be doing, please let us know; if we can put a smile on a face through music, we will certainly try.
Very best wishes from all of us,
The Core Music Board of Directors
Keep up to date with the latest developments at Core Music. We’ll also try to keep everyone entertained through this period!
We are a not-for-profit organisation on a mission to make music accessible to all in our community. It’s a place where people of all ages and abilities can learn to play or sing, and take part in sessions, clubs and workshops.
We have a well-stocked shop in Hexham, full of instruments of every type at competitive prices, along with all the accessories and sheet music you might need
We have a fantastic archive of over 3,500 DVDs available to rent, with new releases arriving regularly from the biggest blockbusters to indie hits.
Looking for a space to practice, record or hold a meeting? We have several rooms available to hire
Enhance your instrumental skills, learn new tunes and have loads of fun at one of our regular weekly clubs. We cater for a huge range of instruments, musical genres and skill levels!
From gigs to one-off workshops, there’s always something coming up soon at Core Music.
There are hundreds of students improving their playing at Core Music every week – why not join them?
We’ve got some fantastic events coming up over the summer, so keep an eye out here or sign up for our email newsletter to find out what’s happening.
Very good at engagement of the local population, encouraging a wide range of musical issues.
Welcoming people and making me feel better if I am feeling down.
Core Music is a joyful magical place that fosters a love of music in those who use its excellent facilities and a lovely community spirit that means everyone talks and connects.